Writings by Thomas Radwick. Mostly poetry and lyrics. t_radwick@yahoo.com

Let Go

The boss called me in his office
Told me to sit down
I sat and looked right at him
His eyes kept flashing around

He said “We’ve got to let you go
The firm is cutting back”
I can’t really remember
What he said after that

I did not knock him out
I did not jump and shout
I just walked on out


I called up my girl friend
Hoo-ooo-hoo-ooo-hoo!
But a man who’s got no job
Is not at all her type

She said “This just isn’t working
We’re on different paths
You do too much moody brooding
And I’m not into that!”

I did not beg and moan
I did not throw my phone
I just let her go


Collecting unemployment checks
Drinking cheap beer with friends
I just wrote a bunch of poems
It's gotta be my best batch yet

Sending out my resume
Only got a callback once
I can extend my benefits
For just a few more months

I only eat at home
I always sleep alone
I can’t pay off my loans
But I still got a phone
And I still write my poems
My mind is still my own




.

No comments:

Crack in the Ceiling

Poetry by Thomas Radwick

Blog Archive